Where to Buy RoseCards

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Preview 34

Another "doubled" pattern--this time PERFECT MOMENT.   I wanted to double this one because it uses a Layer Cake or any bundle of 40  10" Squares or my favorite 20 Fat Sixths (12"x 22").  With the addition of just 2 yards of fabric, it makes a 63"x 79" quilt top.

I like to feature the fabrics from a group.   Our cover model uses Rachel Ashwell's Garden Rose Collection from her Treasures by Shabby Chic.  I chose to use the same snow white background solid for both the Spacers and Row Sashing to keep those lovely prints airy and floating.  The PERFECT MOMENT model has dots for Spacers and diagonal stripe for Row Sashing.











The first quilt I made using this pattern idea was done in Amy Butler's Soul Blossoms.   For this one I used 2 sets of 33 Sample Slices--my exclusive 5"x 9 1/2" cuts of the entire line.  It is one row shorter, because I had 66 instead of 77 Slices, so I cut the Spacers 1 1/2" instead of the 2".  I did not want this quilt to be too square. 

No comments:

Post a Comment