Where to Buy RoseCards

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Preview 35

So we are not actually previews anymore, since Market has come and gone--but I still want to share the newest releases.

This is my personal favorite.  Partly because I love Amy Butler's Soul Blossoms, and partly because I thought this was so clever.  This pattern/block/unit is the same one as SNOW RUBY.  I was looking at the red in it, and thought--what if this was background and the rest scrappy?  Would the scrappy pieces kind of dance up and down?  And they did!

It uses 12 Fat Quarters and a yard of Background to make a 54"x 70" throw.  There are a few prints pieces left over, but it does use the fabric efficiently. 

For our cover girl, I wanted the white to contrast strongly with the prints and have a fresh, modern look.  I also made up this other model, with Soul Blossoms again, and a blendy apricot batik--it kind of melts in your mouth like sherbet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment