Where to Buy RoseCards

Monday, January 31, 2011


Laura Gunn's Poppy looks great in any pattern, and this is no exception.  This quilt is the 3rd model I have made from this collection.  I took a Bloom Pack--10 fat sixths of the Rust/Blue color combo.  In my current quest to put batiks with anything and everything, I used a Lunn Studios batik for the spacers.  I love the richness of this one!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011


While in Austin with Leann (editor and shipping department),  Jessica (creative director) came by and chose some combos for more Nicey Jane samples.  I had time to sew there, so here is sample number 2, a Jessica pick.  Very similar colors to the EDEN ROSE quilt, but a different feel.
I always love to see what fabric might work for the Spacer piece.  This little aqua print really does the job--it is quiet like a plain light piece, but a much softer contrast and a more interesting look.

EDEN ROSE Nicey Jane

I have the Nicey Jane collection by Heather Bailey.  Since it is time for some new samples, this is the first one finished.
EDEN ROSE was the first RoseCard.  Always a good quick one for using a new group of fabrics.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011


With this Community Service quilt from the Pine Tree closet, I was able to test a little border on ANGEL FACE.  Making do with the size of the fabric available, I put on a 3 1/2" border.  It was enough to make a difference visually and size-wise.  This lighter border also allows the patchwork to pop up to the surface. 

Monday, January 3, 2011


I spent the weekend with Pat Sloan's UFO party.  It forced me to finish some things that just might be put away forever.  I started with projects on the worktable, and never got beyond that, though I finished 6 quilts.

This was test blocks for what became DOUBLE DELIGHT.  I used old 5x9 slices for the patchwork back trimmings for spacers.  Once I got enough blocks done to get a feel for the look and proportion of the blocks, I went on to a quilt made from a Hoffman Batik fat quarter bundle.  Next was a quilt from a 5" strip bundle of Feedsack prints from Windham Fabrics, which became the cover girl.

So the project was put aside, and now finished for a Community Service quilt.  I stopped at 36 blocks, laid out 6x6.  36 blocks was actually fairly quick to do, and easy to assemble.  After the spacers were sewn to the 4 Patches, I sewed the units into pairs.  Then the pairs into a 2x2 unit.   Then it was a quick layout 3x3 and it was done!  With the 5 1/2" border added, it finished a nice throw size.