Where to Buy RoseCards

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Preview 40

Last one, I think.  I want to use 8 Fat Quarter bundles more, so I geared this quilt for that.  The block is one I have been playing with for months, mostly in a larger 5" size.  For a smaller Fat Quarter bundle, this 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece worked out better math-wise.  And for prints that are not super big, this looks better, too. 

The cutting left some remaining strips, so I added a pieced border to use these and add a little zip to the look of the quilt.  With the additional 1 3/8 yd for borders, the quilt finishes 46"x 55".

The cover girl is an Anna Griffin Christmas group.  I loved how the stripe cut up for the center of half of the blocks.  I had people begging for the kits and fabric when they saw it made up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment