Where to Buy RoseCards

Saturday, July 16, 2011

CATHEDRAL in Rivoli

A lovely new Roll-up from Robert Kaufman's Artisan Batik collection Rivoli is perfect for our CATHEDRAL pattern.  The design requires 2 each of 20 2 1/2" strips--Kaufman Roll-Ups are one of the packs that work.  Actually, this particular roll had 19 pairs, and 2 odd ones.  But, lucky for me--one block gets tossed in this pattern, so I was not forced to make and use a 2-color block. 

For the centers, I shopped through my Kaffe Collective yardage--I love the way their color works with some of the batiks.  I found this wonderful Variegated Leaves by Phillip Jacobs that had all of the colors.  It is big, with lots of variety cut up, but not overpowering.  I loved the look when I picked it out, and loved it when it was finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment