Where to Buy RoseCards

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rainbows End

This design comes from one we have done for years that I had called the Autograph Quilt.  I had originally done it in 3 1/2" strips, usually with a muslin center.  The center could be used to sign on, hence the name.  It also looks great with a theme print there.








I usually did it in 12 fabrics so the A and B blocks could be different.  One 3 1/2" strip each made 12 A blocks and 12 B blocks, and created a very random look.

My friend Debi did this pattern using 4" strips when she was doing a batch of quilts for a nursing home.  This size also uses the fabric efficiently, looks great, and was perfect for a 20 block quilt.  Looking at the 6 Fat Quarter packs that I do, I thought this would be a perfect size for using the pack.  Add a background or theme, and maybe a border.

The RoseCard cover shows the quilt with the border.  This picture is a quilt I made without the border.
It's from a cute fabric pack called Party in Pink, by Henry Glass, that I picked up at A Sewing Basket in Salado TX.

This pattern is another good one for your community service quilts.  Twelve different 4" strips will make the 20 block quilt and use up some scraps. Or of course, like the Rosecard, use 6 Fat Quarters or regular quarter yards.   It makes up a great baby/lap size without a border.   And it makes a nice size larger throw with border.

No comments:

Post a Comment