Where to Buy RoseCards

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Freedom

Freedom is simply the 6 Fat Quarter version of the Kings Ransom that uses 12 Fat Quarters.  I did these big 4 Patch blocks to show off the big prints. Unlike random 8" squares, the 4 Patch actually tames some of the busy action of our big prints.

It uses the fabric efficiently, like most of my designs.  The leftover pieces make the quilt a little wider, a little nicer size.  It still fits on a one-width back.



A couple weeks ago, I cut up loads of fabric from the Community Service closet into 9" strips for this quilt.  Regular Quarter yards also work--just cut the strip in half to mix with half strips.  Just by matching colors, I have some great quilts cut and read to sew.  They take little more than an hour to piece once they are cut.

A little trick I use when pairing up the strip sets--- Divide the 6 fabrics into two groups of 3 that you like together.   Then when sewing the strip sets, you have just 3 different pairs possible with each group.  There is no thinking once you split them into 3's.  No brainers are my kind of design choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment