Where to Buy RoseCards

Sunday, May 29, 2011

RED...BLUE Community


RED ROSE and MIDNIGHT BLUE are great quilts for Community Service.  I put together loads of kits for my guilds using their donated fabrics, and this one is the easiest to cut and kit.  If I have a good border fabric, I kit RED ROSE with borders.  Otherwise, the 12 block quilt is still a nice size without borders.  And if I have enough colors that go together, I do the 20 block without border MIDNIGHT BLUE.   Also, 9 blocks makes a great quick baby quilt.

Working from a 5" strip or half strips or scraps is so easy for this quilt.  Usually I start with a center fabric to set the color theme.  A fat quarter will yield 12  5" squares for the centers.  Then it is whatever I like with that center.  One of my guilds has a huge closet full of fabric, which the members have sorted into laundry baskets by color--makes my job easy and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment