Where to Buy RoseCards

Monday, January 3, 2011

DOUBLE DELIGHT Soft Scraps

I spent the weekend with Pat Sloan's UFO party.  It forced me to finish some things that just might be put away forever.  I started with projects on the worktable, and never got beyond that, though I finished 6 quilts.


This was test blocks for what became DOUBLE DELIGHT.  I used old 5x9 slices for the patchwork back trimmings for spacers.  Once I got enough blocks done to get a feel for the look and proportion of the blocks, I went on to a quilt made from a Hoffman Batik fat quarter bundle.  Next was a quilt from a 5" strip bundle of Feedsack prints from Windham Fabrics, which became the cover girl.

So the project was put aside, and now finished for a Community Service quilt.  I stopped at 36 blocks, laid out 6x6.  36 blocks was actually fairly quick to do, and easy to assemble.  After the spacers were sewn to the 4 Patches, I sewed the units into pairs.  Then the pairs into a 2x2 unit.   Then it was a quick layout 3x3 and it was done!  With the 5 1/2" border added, it finished a nice throw size.

No comments:

Post a Comment