I spent the weekend with Pat Sloan's UFO party. It forced me to finish some things that just might be put away forever. I started with projects on the worktable, and never got beyond that, though I finished 6 quilts.
This was test blocks for what became DOUBLE DELIGHT. I used old 5x9 slices for the patchwork back trimmings for spacers. Once I got enough blocks done to get a feel for the look and proportion of the blocks, I went on to a quilt made from a Hoffman Batik fat quarter bundle. Next was a quilt from a 5" strip bundle of Feedsack prints from Windham Fabrics, which became the cover girl.
So the project was put aside, and now finished for a Community Service quilt. I stopped at 36 blocks, laid out 6x6. 36 blocks was actually fairly quick to do, and easy to assemble. After the spacers were sewn to the 4 Patches, I sewed the units into pairs. Then the pairs into a 2x2 unit. Then it was a quick layout 3x3 and it was done! With the 5 1/2" border added, it finished a nice throw size.