Where to Buy RoseCards

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Alternating Iced Tea

Working on Community Service quilts, I am using fabrics available.  This quilt started with about 27 inches of the floral theme fabric.  Using every inch of it, I cut 6 13" squares--this also uses the width of the fabric efficiently.  Then I adjusted the Iced Tea block to fit.  I wanted to stay with 5" wide pieces, since that is my favorite size.  To get a 13" square,  raw edge to raw edge,  the rectangles are cut 5" x 8 1/2" and the center is 4".  If I use 5" x 9 1/2" slices from the stash, I simply lop off 1".  I made a quick 6 blocks, and alternated them with the theme squares. 

The blocks finish 12 1/2".  The quilt is 38"x  50" without a border--perfect little lap or baby.  Add a border to get a bigger kids or throw size.

No comments:

Post a Comment