Where to Buy RoseCards

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Preview 19

I had this quilt designed and tested in 30's and Batiks and Community Service scraps.  Then along came Red Rose Farm.  Couldn't wait to get the fabric in and make it up.  It was exactly what I had in mind.  As usual the stripe makes a perfect 1st Border.  I was able to use all 16 fabrics in the line.  The blocks took 12 5" strips, then there are the center, 1st Border, 2nd Border and Binding. 

I love the 50's retro look of this fabric by Elizabeth Scott for P&B Textiles.  All of the other fabrics I've tried have been great, too.  I've done it without borders and it makes a nice and quick 41"x 54".  With borders it is 56"x 69".  If you are using scraps, there is no reason not to make 20 blocks.  One 5" strip or one Fat Sixth makes one block--just add a center.  So 2 of our Bloom Packs--10 Fat Sixths--will also make 20 blocks.  This quilt is done with Windham's Feedsack prints. 
Oh, so much to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment