Where to Buy RoseCards

Friday, May 28, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to the new RoseCards blog.  The plan is to make this a gathering place for all things RoseCards--info on new cards, showing of finished quilts, display ideas, marketing ideas, variations, and whatever else comes up.

The introduction at Quilt Market in Minneapolis was fantastic.  So many of you liked the concept--simple designs for fabric packs, all at a great price.  I thought we created a lot of buzz, and you all were a part of it.  This is so new, we need to share our ideas for using the RoseCard patterns--to make it a success for all of us who have invested in this product.

It will take me some time to remember all of ideas you and I shared at Market.  You all were visualizing different ways you might use them in your shops and workrooms.

The first RoseCard patterns were hot of the presses at Market.  Even I have not taken them for a test run on the retail road.  I have been doing shows this past year, since I moved and closed my longarm shop.  I am selling only fabric bundles and kits at shows.  I've had some of these patterns available on a one page printout.  The fabric bundles--6 fat quarters, 10 fat sixths and 3 1-yards--have been tremendously successful for me.   These particular sizes of fabric packs seem to be small enough that the price invites the buying of multiple bundles.

To go with these packs, I thought that I should have more of my patterns written up formally.   The RoseCard postcards were a way to print economically in a compact format--which I thought would suit our economical little bundles.   Since I was selling very few of the $9 patterns that I had for the kits and packs, I thought maybe the time was right for another option.    And obviously a lot of you agreed with me at Market....so here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment